On January 31, the long awaited John Wicks tribute album entitled For the Record: A Tribute to John Wicks will be available to all. Over the next few weeks we’ll discuss it in more detail. In the meantime, here are the details from a birds-eye view.
The album consists of a dozen songs John either wrote or co-wrote and had intended to record in late 2018. A few of John’s friends got together to finish these recordings for him using demos John had left behind as guides.
ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO JOHN’S SON AND THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY.
Lead vocalists include: Al Stewart, Ray Paul, Peter Case, Jamie Hoover, Paul Collins, Chris Thompson (Manfred Mann), Bill Berry, Don Dixon, Carla Olson, Kyle Frost and Nick Guzman. Backing vocalists include Zak Nilsson, Syd Straw, Lindy Bingham and Candy Divider.
In addition, you’ll hear brilliant instrumental contributions from Dave Nachmanoff, Elliot Easton (The Cars), Andy Qunta (Icehouse, Factory), Patrick McGrath and The Records’ Tommy Montez and Pat Mitchell.
The album was masterfully produced by Jamie Hoover.
Here’s the final track list:
- Ray Paul – The Sun Sets Over London Town
- Peter Case – In & Out Motel
- Jamie Hoover – Repo Man
- Al Stewart – The Beltway
- Chris Thompson – The Ballad of Johnny Wicked
- Paul Collins – Glittering Gold
- Don Dixon – Money & A Fu Manchu
- Carla Olson – (The Sordid Tale of) Elvis Strange
- Bill Berry – 1-800-Colonoscopy
- Kyle Frost – Learning to Live Again
- John Wicks (Featuring Dave Nachmanoff) – She’s All I Need
- Nick Guzman – Chasing Angels